LinkedIn post July 2020
People in the scarcity mindset believe there’s a limited number of opportunities. If I don’t take my part now, nothing will be left tomorrow. Someone wins; another has to lose. It’s just the way it is.
People in the abundance mindset believe there’s enough for everyone to thrive in this world. There’s enough space to do business, to get a promotion, or to inspire people around us.
That reminds me of Oscar Wilde’s quote:
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken”.
The world has enough space for you to be yourself; but not enough to be someone else.
No one else has your combination of personality, background, challenges, opportunities, and gifts.
Whatever you do, it can be unique.
You don’t need to compete. Just show your colors.
- 7 Lessons from Luqman that Will Make You Wise
- How to Enjoy Salat and Make it Meaningful
- Mongols Invasions: Some Forgotten Lessons to Today’s Muslims
- For or Against Vaccines? That’s Not Really the Question
- Are Muslims Meant to Be Sleep Deprived?
- Islamic Psychology: A Model Where Faith Has Its Place
- Muslims Judging Each Other: Why and How to Be Less Judgy
- The Certainties of Muslims in Uncertain World
- Allah According to Allah: The Beauty Behind the Verse of Light
- Blindness: From the Invisible Gorilla to the Quranic Perspective
- How to Make People Change their Mind: Persuasion!